Monday, September 7, 2009

Spinach Quiche also known as "Cheesy Egg Pie"

I make a delicious quiche with spinach and swiss cheese which my whole family, even my 2 picky eater sons, devours. I think if I called it Spinach Quiche my kids wouldn't eat it. Solution? I call it Cheesy Egg Pie and guess what? They eat it! I tell my 6 year old that the spinach is just the same green stuff that he likes in pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce (a lie) and that he won't taste anything but the yummy cheese (the truth) and somehow that's good enough for him! Plus, one thing I've discovered in my cooking is that everybody loves pie crust. If you serve something in a pie crust, they'll probably eat it. Now I don't make my own pie crust - I leave that for the Martha types out there. I have to keep it quick and easy, and I can't see the point of making my own pie crust when I can buy a perfectly good one for a couple of bucks. If you want to make your own, knock yourself out.

Here's a link to my recipe:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5196848_make-tasty-spinach-cheese-quiche.html

I made this one time a few years ago and it is so delicious it has become one of my regular menu items. It's also very economical and a great way to get your family to eat some veggies. Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment