Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Delicious salad with bleu cheese and nuts

Okay, I have to admit that my kids don't eat this salad, or any salad for that matter. I always read that you have to set a good example for your kids and that they need to see you eating healthy foods. Well, my kids watch my husband and me eat a salad pretty much every night and still can't be convinced to take a single bite!

My husband and I went to Bonefish Grill over the weekend and had a lovely dinner, but the salad was absolutely amazing. Like the scrumptious salad we had once at The Melting Pot, it contained bleu cheese and nuts (Bonefish Grill had pine nuts and Melting Pot had walnuts). So I decided to create my own version at home with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette and it was so good we practically licked our plates! My husband said he would have happily eaten 3 more bowls of it. I have to admit it was pretty darn delicious. Somehow the addition of a little bleu cheese makes the light taste of the vinaigrette pop, and the toasted nuts add wonderful depth to the whole thing.

Check out this link to my recipe which also contains ideas for variations on this simple but delicious salad:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5392660_make-using-bleu-cheese-nuts.html

FYI: In case you're wondering why I don't just post the recipes themselves within this blog, it's because I write up my recipes on another site (www.ehow.com) where they are formatted already and it makes it very easy if anyone wants to print the recipe - it comes out looking great and it's easy to read while preparing the recipe. Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment